Several weeks from now, closer to Easter, families all over the country will get up early, pack up their SUV, and drive the kids to the local community’s Easter egg hunt. If you’re looking to get in on the egg-hunting action in Jacksonville this year, you’ll be glad to know that the final weekend of March offers plenty of Easter excitement! Here are a few Jacksonville egg hunts to help you start planning for Easter Sunday.
Jacksonville Easter Egg Hunts
- Each year, Moosehaven Retirement Community hosts a yearly Easter event for kids in all age groups. As part of the annual festival, a total of 18,000 eggs will be hidden. The event also includes face painting, train rides, bounce houses, a petting zoo, kid’s games, and more to entertain visitors of the Orange Park community.
- The City of Jacksonville Beach celebrates its “35th Annual Easter Egg Hunt” on the golf course on March 31st. Toddlers and children through the age of 8 will participate in finding and collecting beautifully colored eggs and exchange them for holiday prizes.
- You’ve heard it said a million times or more: Dogs are people, too. While not at all true, they are regarded as family members and have a natural instinct to hunt. So, it makes perfect sense that they’d do well at the Town Hall Orange Park “6th Annual Doggone Easter Egg Hunt.” And the best part is, they get Luckee Dog Ice Cream treats and pictures with the Easter Bunny when they are finished!
St. Augustine Easter Events
- What could be more exciting than taking part in an “Underwater Easter Egg Hunt” and trading your eggs for prizes at the Bunny Store? Well, that’s exactly what will be happening at the Solomon Calhoun Pool located in St. Johns County during the Easter holiday. Don a swimsuit and bring along a bucket for a unique and aquatic Easter hunt in St. Augustine.
- Spend a special morning at Shores United Methodist Church to enjoy a continental breakfast buffet and an Easter egg hunt! When you’ve collected the last colored egg, take a family photo with the Easter Bunny to complete this holiday event.
Easter Egg Hunts in Brunswick
- Have fun on St. Simon Island by participating in the “Easter Egg Stroll” on April 1st. Held in the Jekyll Island Historic District, this fun event will have you searching for Easter eggs hidden along Pier Road. Be sure to wear your best smile because the Easter Bunny will show up for a photo opp. Before you leave, don’t forget to take a pony ride!
Celebrate Easter in Waycross
- If the family doesn’t mind the drive to Waycross, GA, grab the flashlights and Easter baskets, start your Honda, and head north for the “Twilight Easter Egg Hunt.” Held after the sun goes down, the Twilight Easter Egg Hunt is a local tradition that gets better with age. Don’t miss out.
Whether you’re tired of the backyard Easter egg hunts or want to participate in another holiday activity this April, you won’t find any better alternatives than the Easter events around Jacksonville.
If you’re a parent looking for their own hidden gem, venture into one of our First Coast Honda Dealers locations to get an Easter deal on a new Honda! We have Honda dealerships in Jacksonville, St. Augustine, Lake City, and other nearby Florida and Georgia areas.